• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Natural Fat Burner Atlternative

doesntmatter

Bluelighter
I'm looking for something that could be used instead of a "fat burner" to trim down the last little bit of fat off my abdomen to get that ripped look.

I have a clean diet, exercise 6 days a week (cadio + weights) and I can still tell there's a tiny reserve of fat left over my lower abdomen. I'm not looking for an easy way out of obesity, I've done the hard work to get me to where I'm at. I'll continue to work towards my goal, exercising has become something I look forward to everyday.

Anyways, I seem to be hovering around 12-13% body fat and would like to see if anyone had any food ideas or herbal supplements that they've taken to burn that last little bit of fat off their bodies.

Alternatively if there are any tips in general as to how I could burn more fat I'd appreciate them.

Thanks

Don't know how "natural" you want to go. ECA stack is def a good bet. I really like ALCAR. Green tea is super natural and great for losing weight.

And although it sounds counter intuitive lots of good healthy fats help shift fat stores.

As for diet ideas you might want to try a CKD diet/carb-cycling. Make sure your eating at least every 2 hours that your awake- but small portions. Lots of small meals boost your metabolism.

Cardio in the AM with an empty stomach is also a good idea.

calories in < calories out is the number 1 rule for weight loss. However it does get harder as you get down to around 10% body fat. Try upping cardio intensity and/or frequency and lowering calorie intake by 100-200 calories a day and see if your weightloss does not increase week to week. Dont lower protein intake because you dont want that weight to be muscle.

thats exactly what i was trying to avoid. i know its hard to gain muscle and loose fat at the same time and have both be as efficient as possible, but thats kind of what i'm going for i guess. more pronounces abs basically. i'm trying to eat enough to allow my body to rebuild after workouts, but not enough to gain any weight. i actually don't want to lose weight at all, just stay the same weight and lose fat.

i've heard about the green tea thing, i guess i should start there.

i really should start waking up and running, i just....well yea, i'm not a morning person. i love my night runs : )

I just re-read the original post - Its important to note the old mantra that "abs are made in the kitchen." Everyone knows that to lose weight (fat), caloric intake must be less than expenditure. However, the distribution of those calories makes a difference too.

Specifically for getting the "ripped" look you mentioned is to eat a diet high in protein, moderate in fat and low in carbohydrates. This, among other things, manages insulin and other hormone levels that will reduce fat storage in the body. Things like the ECA stack and other thermogenic supplements can help increase total caloric deficit, but you still need to maintain a proper distribution.

I recommend the ECA stack over other supplements because it has actually been clinically tested with proven results. Its also much cheaper than alot of other options that might be less safe.

Green Tea Extract in the form of pills are the most effective natural substance in terms of losing weight IMO.

i bought some green tea last night, not the extract though, the tea bags. i'll down it pretty quick though i can see, its actually pretty refreshing.

Yeah your best looking into extract to get the most out of it. The tea does work though- and is quite nice!

Your def best sticking to one goal. Do a 1-2 month fat cut then get back to heavy lifting and lots of food!

If you haven't already try and cut as much sugar out your diet as possible. You can still have some when you get out the gym (for about an hour or two afterwards). I usually have 60gs of sugar in my post workout shake. Try and eat low GI foods like sweet potatoes, brown rice and wholemeal pasta.

cool deal.

i'm definitely going back on bulk in two months. im just cutting atm for vacation and this last little bit seems to be a bit tough to lose.

i've actually got a ways to go as far as building goes. i started off completely wrong and now have weak areas in desperate need of attention. if anyone reading this is thinking about starting a workout regime, do yourself a favor and don't do it half assed. work the entire body and not just the "classic" muscles. you'll appreciate it down the line.

The only way to build quality muscle is with heavy compound exercises and protein...

Heavy compounds being ---squat, deadlift, and presses

well right now i'm not bulking, i'm trying to get my abs to show through when i'm not flexing. basically i want my abs to look the way they do when i flex all the time. i have a month and a half, so i'm doing the p90x+ ab/core routines (theres two) and i'm going to have to up cardio and really watch my diet. i'm hopin i can make it happen in that amount of time, but we'll see. if not i'll be on the right track at least.

A glass of lemon juice in water every morning half hour before meals, or apple cider vinegar 1 part in 10 of water, should also help!

Drink at least a gallon of water per day more than you currently do.

have you tried adding some HIIT sessions to your workouts? i feel like they tend to burn fat a lot more effectively than pure cardio (as well as increasing the rate at which you're burning when you are doing cardio).

i've actually heard of such but never put it into practice. thanks for the link : ) i'll read it over